One Simple Mistake On His Part Left His House In Ashes And I Am Going To Be Careful Next Time!

ADVERTISEMENT

This man’s worst nightmare became reality when his house was tragically set on fire. Most people immediately think of the economic damage caused by a house fire, and it’s true that furniture and electronics are expensive. However nothing is as costly as losing things that are irreplaceable.

ADVERTISEMENT

The man in the video below had his house catch fire when he discarded a 9-volt battery. These are the size of battery you would normally find in smoke detectors. Because the positive and negative posts are so close to each other, all it takes is a little bit of conductive metal for disaster to strike. In fact, just touching a piece of steel wool to a 9-volt battery will instantly make the steel wool erupt in flames.

In order to properly keep a 9-volt battery safe for disposal, the National Fire Prevention Association recommends covering the posts of the battery in electrical tape. NFPA also insists that you never throw away 9-volt batteries, but instead take them to a disposal site near you.


ADVERTISEMENT

Please SHARE this important piece of message!

What do you think?